On behalf of the Scenic Group team, we hope that you and your families are well. We understand that you, our business and the travel industry will need to continue adjusting plans, as the Australian and New Zealand Government health, safety and border restrictions continue to evolve during this pandemic.
As we have previously advised, due to the continued Federal and State Government travel restrictions and international border closures, it continues to be impossible for us to operate our schedules for guests with bookings departing from Australia and New Zealand. This has resulted in us being unable to operate all Scenic Group (including Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises and Evergreen Cruises & Tours) departures up to 28 February 2021 and Scenic Eclipse Ocean Cruises, Scenic Myanmar River Cruises and Scenic Africa Land Touring up to 31 March 2021.^
This situation is totally out of our control and the COVID-19 pandemic is a force majeure event, as defined within the Scenic Group terms and conditions. However, to support your future travel plans, Scenic Group will be providing a Future Travel Credit (FTC) for affected departures. Please note that the FTC Voucher value and following terms may vary depending on the specific departure.
The following Future Travel Credit (FTC) voucher policy applies for guests with bookings departing during these periods:
- Scenic Group River Cruises or Scenic Group Land Tours departing from 1 January 2021 to 28 February 2021, we will provide a 100% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid to date^
- Scenic Eclipse Ocean Cruises, Scenic Myanmar River Cruises or Scenic Africa Land Tours departing from 1 January 2021 to 31 March 2021, we will provide a 100% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid to date
This suspension and FTC Voucher policy excludes Norfolk Island tours departing 6 February 2021, and Tasmanian land tours departing 7 and 14 February 2021 which are scheduled to operate.
The flexible conditions for your FTC Voucher are as follows:
- Valid for travel to re-book and commence through to 31 December 2023
- The value of your FTC Voucher is based on the amount paid for your reservation to date
- The FTC Voucher can be applied to any booking within the Scenic Group (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises and Evergreen Cruises & Tours)
- The FTC Voucher can be applied to any existing booking or when re-booking your future travel, and; Is fully transferrable to another guest
- Upon the expiry of the FTC Voucher on 31 December 2023, guests who are unable to travel may contact us to receive a cash refund equal to the amount paid.
Our flexible booking and cancellation policy for guests with a River Cruise, Ocean Cruise and/or international Land Tour booking, departing from 1 April 2021, is as follows:
All guests with a booking scheduled to depart from 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2022 (or 31 December 2023 for Scenic Eclipse), have the option to transfer their booking to an alternate date without the Scenic Group fee, up to 60 days prior to departure. The value of the booking will be applied as a Future Travel Credit (FTC).
Please note, the final payment is due as per your booking conditions, and if you choose to cancel or transfer there may be third party fees applicable, which will be at your own expense. This flexible booking and cancellation policy excludes Russia, South America, Australia and New Zealand Land Touring.
We will continue to monitor the changing global situation and remain committed to doing our best to assist with your concerns and adjusting travel plans.
On behalf of the Scenic Group team, we are here to support you during this challenging period and look forward to exploring our precious world with you again soon.